Have you all ever tried Cookie Butter? It’s absolutely addicting. Trader’s Joe’s sells a version but Biscoff Spread is awfully similar. It’s creamy like peanut butter and is reminiscent of the perfect cinnamon cookie. In addition to spreading it on toast, bagels, apples, and banana bread; it’s heavenly baked into these cookie butter cookies.
You are probably familiar with the traditional peanut butter blossom cookies– a basic peanut butter cookie topped with a sweet Hershey’s kiss. When you substitute the peanut butter for cookie butter they are instantly elevated to a new level! These cookies are always a hit!
I’m always looking for ways to incorporate Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter into my recipes and this one just might be my favorite.
Cookie Butter Kiss Cookies
Yield 24 cookies
A new take on your traditional peanut butter blossoms; a rich cookie butter cookie topped with a Hershey's Kiss.
- 1 C Cookie Butter (or Biscoff Spread)
- 1/2 lb of unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 C all-purpose (or white whole-wheat) flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 24 Hershey Kisses
- About 1/2 C sugar, for rolling the cookie dough in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the cookie butter, butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix till fluffy and pale in color.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into wet ingredients.
- Use a cookie scoop to form dough balls. Roll each cookie dough ball in the sugar.
- Place about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes until slightly cracking on top.
- Remove from oven and immediately place a Hershey’s Kiss in the middle.
If you are looking for new cookie recipes, make sure to check out my delicious Peanut Butter Cookies with Reese’s Cups!