My sweet tooth has been out of control lately. A dangerous thing for me, good news for ya’ll! That means more sweet recipe testing and ALL THE TREATS. I saw something similar to this dark chocolate pistachio bark and I knew I had to rush home and recreate it. This recipe was actually born out of 4 ingredients I always have stocked in my pantry. I guarantee you could even come up with your own version just by poking around your kitchen. This recipe is no-bake and honestly, really hard to mess up.
Pick your favorite chocolate, melt it, and add all the tasty toppings. Freeze and Enjoy! I used a dairy free chocolate as my base, Enjoy Life Foods, but you can use really anything. I would choose a semi-sweet over a milk chocolate if you aren’t partial to dark chocolate but other than that, you can really work with whatever you have.
I LOVE pistachios. I think it’s one of my favorite snacks and I have been trying to work it in as many recipes as possible. Stay tuned for my pistachio cacao bliss balls!
In the mean time, check out my Strawberries and Cream Bliss Balls.
Dark Chocolate Pistachio Bark
Pistachios pair well with chocolate and after a quick trip to my local grocery store I found some other additions in the bulk section. If you don’t have pistachios or don’t like pistachios, pick up some sliced almonds, cashews, coconut, or even macadamia nuts.
I also used dried blueberries, but you could use raisins, dried cranberries, or even chopped dried pineapple! You only need a small amount so don’t worry about purchasing a whole container or bag, just 1/4 scoop should be enough (2-3 tbsp worth)
The real difference maker was the addition of my favorite granola. I’m partial to Purely Elizabeth chocolate and sea salt granola. The dark chocolate pistachio bark needs a touch of salt and the crunch was perfect! If you don’t have granola, just make sure to add a pinch of sea salt.
Dark Chocolate Pistachio Bark with Blueberries and Granola
Yield 8 servings
An easy no bake treat studded with pistachios, dried blueberries, and crunchy granola
- 1 C of Dark chocolate chips (9 oz package) I used Enjoy Life.
- 2-3 tablespoons of dried blueberries
- 3 tbsp of pistachios, crushed
- 3 tbsp of granola
- Prepare an 8x11 dish by lining it with parchment paper or foil sprayed with nonstick spray.*
- Add the chocolate to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments making sure to stir in between.
- When chocolate is fully melted and smooth, pour into prepared dish. Sprinkle with desired toppings.
- Place in freezer for attest 1 hour. When solid, crack into decent sized pieces. Store in fridge or freezer!
* If you don’t have an 8x11 dish, you can use an 8x8 pan, a small cookie sheet, pie pan, or 9 inch cake pan.
So basically we made a Vegetarian, actually a vegan treat in 5 minutes!