I hear ya’ll. Life is busy, the summer is short, and you want more easy, healthy dishes. These Honey Herb Roasted Carrots might be the easiest side dish you could ever make. It’s perfect for those days when you want to spend 20 minutes or less on dinner with MINIMAL clean up. Toss the sheet of foil + put the pan up. Sound easy enough.
These carrots are washed, drizzled with oil, honey, and your favorite herbs. A shake of salt and pepper is all you need to really enhance the flavor of these amazing roasted carrots!
So if you are the person typically relying on sweet potatoes as your orange vegetable of choice, try these the easy honey and herb roasted carrots.
The honey helps bring out the natural sweetness of the carrots. You could definitely omit the honey but why would you??
If you wanted to serve them as a snack, try them with a light ranch dip; serve them warm or cold. The sugars have caramelized and when served cold, you still get that delicious roasted flavor!
Another easy way to prep these delicious honey and herb roasted carrots is to wrap them up real tight in some foil and toss them on the grill. Maybe serve with some marinated chicken or my grilled shrimp skewers and pat yourself on the back for the easiest dinner of all time.
Honey Herb Roasted Carrots
Yield 4 servings
An incredibly easy side dish featuring carrots, honey, fresh herbs and your favorite cooking oil!
- 1 lb fresh carrots, washed*
- 3 tbsp avocado oil (or coconut oil)
- 2 tbsp approx. of honey
- 2 tbsp of fresh herbs, chopped (options: parsley, dill, basil, thyme, rosemary, sage)
- 1/2 tsp salt + 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place the carrots on the baking sheet and drizzle with the oil. Roll carrots around in the oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Sprinkle on fresh chopped herbs.
- Bake for 15- 18 minutes. The bottoms with start to brown and the whole carrot will be tender.
IF your carrots are large. Slice them in half to speed up the cooking process.