30 Minute Baked Potato Soup
- 6 Medium Russet Potatoes, peeled + diced (8 C worth)
- 2 C low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 C water
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 C Flour
- 1 1/2 C Milk
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp salt
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- green onions, sliced
- Saute diced onions in the 4 tbsp of unsalted butter. When they begin to soften, sprinkle with flour and stir.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and water.
- Carefully dump in the diced potatoes. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Boil till fork tender. Approximately 20 minutes on a low simmer.
- Warm milk in microwave for 1 minute. Stir into soup.
- Scoop out half of the potatoes. Blend till smooth. If using a hand blender, pulse till desired consistency is reached.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
I used an 8 quart dutch oven.I always use low sodium broths so I can control the salt. If using regular broth, lessen the salt!
Recipe by First and Full at https://firstandfull.com/30-minute-baked-potato-soup/