Almond Crusted Chicken Cutlets with Pesto
Yield 6 serving
Chicken cutlets breaded with a nutty delicious coating served with a lemony basil pesto! Great for a weeknight dinner!
- 1 lb of chicken cutlets (chicken breast thinly sliced or pounded till thin)
- 1/2 c almond flour
- 1/2 c All Purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 C blanched almonds, crushed
- 1 C panko bread crumbs
- 2 1/2 C basil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 3 medium cloves of garlic,
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 C parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1/3 c olive oil
- salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In the first shallow dish/ bowl, add the almond flour, all purpose flour, garlic powder, salt + pepper
- In another dish, add the egg and almond milk; whisk till the egg and milk are frothy.
- In the third shallow dish, add the dried parsley, dried thyme, almonds, and panko bread crumbs.
- Dredge: First dredge the chicken cutlets in the flour mixture, followed by the egg mixture, finishing in the panic mixture. Set aside on a large plate or baking sheet. Repeat with each chicken cutlet.
- Warm up the coconut oil in a heavy-bottom skillet till ready to fry.
- Pan fry the chicken cutlets, 2-3 at a time, for 1-2 minutes each side. You really just want to get the nice golden color on each side.
- Move the pan fried cutlets to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for an additional 5-7 minutes; depending on the thickness of your chicken pieces.
- Prepare the pesto: Place the basil, pine nuts, lemon juice, and garlic cloves in a food processor. Drizzle the olive oil in as you pulse the other ingredients. Add the parmesan cheese and pulse. Finally, taste and season with salt + pepper.
Recipe by First and Full at https://firstandfull.com/almond-crusted-chicken-cutlets-basil-pesto/