Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bake
Yield 12 servings
A classic. Warm cinnamon paired with oatmeal and sweet apples-- is there a better combination? Can be made dairy free and as sweet (or unsweet) as you like! Ditch the packets and try this recipe.
- Wet Ingredients
- 2 1/2 C Milk (I used coconut milk)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C Applesauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Dry ingredients
- 2 1/2 C Oatmeal
- 1/3 C Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 apples, diced (I used gala; you could use granny smith, honey crisp, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 13 x 9 baking dish by spraying it with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the wet ingredients. Whisk. (milk, eggs, applesauce, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla)
- In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
- To assemble: spread the diced apples on the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle the dry mixture over top the apples.
- Pour the custard (wet ingredients) over the diced apples and dry mixture. Give the pan a good shake so all the ingredients are dampened.
- Bake for 35- 40 minutes. The oatmeal will begin to brown on the top when done.
- Let cool and cut into 12 pieces.
Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week or in individual sandwich bags in the fridge.
Recipe by First and Full at https://firstandfull.com/apple-cinnamon-oatmeal-bake/