Blackened Fish Tacos
Seasoned, tender, and flaky fish served in warm tortillas with crisp cabbage and a drizzle of smooth avocado crema.
- Blackened Seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (or more if you can stand the heat!)
- 3-4 pieces of Atlantic Cod, frozen or fresh
- 8 flour or corn tortillas
- 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil, for cooking fish
- 1 C cabbage, shredded
- ½ C red onion, diced (optional)
- ¼ C cilantro, chopped (optional)
- lime wedges (optional)
- 1 Container of greek yogurt (6 oz)
- 1 C Milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 avocado, ripe
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- ½ jalapeno (can be fresh or jarred)
- Mix together all the spices for the seasoning mixture and spread liberally on both sides of the fish.
- Heat up 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Cook the fish about 3 minutes per side.
- Cut the fish into large pieces.
- Add all ingredients for the avocado crema to the blender. Pulse till smooth.
- Heat tortillas in the oven or in a separate skillet.
- top the tacos with the shredded cabbage, diced onion, cilantro, and plenty of avocado crema Garnish with lime wedges.
Recipe by First and Full at https://firstandfull.com/blackened-fish-tacos-avocado-sauce/