Blueberry Lemon Muffins
Yield 12 muffins
Fresh blueberries bright lemon zest, all baked in a light fluffy muffin.
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 C coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 C apple sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup of blueberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut oil, apple sauce, egg, milk, fresh lemon juice, sugar, and vanilla extract with a whisk. The mixture might appear “separated” but don't worry!
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour salt, and baking baking powder.
- Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet being sure to barely mix; you just want MOST of the flour to be mixed in. A couple lumps is ok.
- Finally, add the fresh blueberries and lemon zest. Once again, barely stir.
- Portion in a nonstick muffin tray or use muffin liners.
- Bake for 15- 18 minutes. toothpick trick.
Recipe by First and Full at https://firstandfull.com/blueberry-lemon-muffins/