Breakfast Baked Potato Skins
Yield 10 servings
A fun, hand held breakfast option: Crispy Breakfast baked potato skins topped with light scrambled eggs, garlicky spinach, chopped, crispy bacon, and a dollop of fresh pesto.
- 5 Russet Potatoes, washed and dried
- 8-10 pieces of bacon
- 5 Eggs
- 3 C Uncooked Spinach
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp ghee, melted (or you could use butter)
- Arugula Pesto* or pre-packaged pesto (optional)
- parsley, chopped
- kosher salt
- olive oil
- salt+ pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. (Skip this step if using air fryer)
- Rub the potatoes with olive oil and kosher salt.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes or till crispy on the outside and done on the inside. If using the Air Fryer, cook on 390 degree for 30-40 minutes.
- Removed cooked potatoes from the oven/ air fryer and cut in half horizontally.
- While the potatoes cool down, prepare the scrambled eggs.
- Prepare the garlicky sautéed spinach: Sauté spinach in olive oil with 1 clove of minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook the bacon. (according to the package) Roughly chop.
- Scoop out most of the flesh of the halved potatoes. Reserve for another recipe. (If you baked the potatoes, place skins back in the oven for 8 minutes for maximum crispiness.)
- Brush the inside of the potato skins with melted ghee (or butter), top with scrambled eggs, sautéed spinach, and chopped bacon. Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Top with a dollop of pesto. Enjoy!
Recipe by First and Full at https://firstandfull.com/breakfast-bacon-potato-skins/