Classic Peanut Butter Cookies
Yield 24 cookies
These classic peanut butter cookies are thick, chewy on the outside, and melt-in-your-mouth tender in the middle. The ingredients are simple and they always come together flawlessly.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C All Purpose Flour*
- 1/2 C cake flour*
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 C crystalized sugar (optional)
- 1/3 C milk chocolate, melted (Optional)
- 1/4 C white chocolate, melted (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together the 1/2 C butter, 1/2 C sugar, 1/2 C brown sugar, and 1/2 C peanut butter till smooth and pale in color.
- Add egg and 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients: 1 C all purpose flour, 1/2 C cake flour, 2 tsp cornstarch, 1 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter/ sugar mixture. Make sure not to OVERMIX. Mix till all of the dry ingredients are just incorporated.
- Scoop 1 tbsp portions onto a lined baking sheet. If using crystalized sugar, sprinkle some on the top before baking.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes. The edges will be slightly brown and the top still light in color! Let cool for 6 minutes.
- Drizzle with melted chocolates once cooled.
** if cake flour is unavailable, you could always use 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour. They just wont be quite as thick.
Recipe by First and Full at https://firstandfull.com/classic-peanut-butter-cookies/