Sweet Potato Oatmeal
Yield 4 servings
Easy and delicious breakfast the whole family will love. The warm, sweet, roasted sweet potato adds a ton of flavor to the morning staple.
- 1 C Old Fashioned Oatmeal
- 1 roasted sweet potato
- 1 C milk and 1/2 a cup of milk, divided (coconut milk and almond milk, work as well!)
- 1 C Water
- 1/3 C Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- plain greek yogurt
- In a blender, add the sweet potato and 1/2 C milk. Puree till smooth.
- In a saucepan, get water boiling. Stir in oatmeal. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Add the pureed sweet potato mixture.
- Add 1 C milk as mixture begins to thicken.
- Mix in syrup, cinnamon, and salt.
- Top with a dollop of greek yogurt and enjoy!
Recipe by First and Full at https://firstandfull.com/creamy-sweet-potato-oatmeal/