English Muffin French Toast
Yield 6 servings
This English Muffin French Toast is fried till the nook and crannies get extra crispy and just happen to be perfect for holding syrup.
- 1/2 C half and half
- 1/2 C Whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- 6 english muffins, halved
- 1/2 C vegetable oil
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
- fresh fruit
- Whip the half and half, whole milk, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Dip each half of english muffin in the mixture till satisfactorily coated. Maybe 10 seconds each side.
- Heat up oil in a skillet on medium.
- Gently fry each piece till golden brown. Depending on the heat of your oil this will be between 1:30 -2:30 each side.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Serve warm with syrup, powdered sugar, and fresh fruit!
Courses Brunch, Breakfast
Recipe by First and Full at https://firstandfull.com/english-muffin-french-toast/