Oatmeal Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with Walnuts
Yield 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, chopped
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 8 oz. cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups miniature chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts
- Prepare oats and walnuts. Use a blender /or food processor to pulse the rolled oats till they are roughly chopped, this gives you a chewier cookie.
- Cream together butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Mix in the eggs one at a time, until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon). Stir into wet ingredients till dough forms. Gently fold in the oats, walnuts, chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough overnight. BE PATIENT!*
- Bake cookies at 325 degrees for 15-18 minutes. You are looking for barely brown edges and cracked tops.
- Let cool, Enjoy!
- *It’s easiest to scoop the dough onto plates covered with wax paper before you refrigerate the dough. Scooping cold dough is not fun.
Recipe by First and Full at https://firstandfull.com/oatmeal-double-chocolate-chip-cookies-walnuts/