Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
Yield 12 muffins + 4 Jumbo Muffins
Delicious muffins perfect for crisp fall mornings. Warm pumpkin, spicy cinnamon and nutmeg, and the rich swirl of cream cheese.
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Topping
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare muffin tin. Use silicone baking cups, paper liners, or spray tins with baking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt)
- In a large bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree, sugar, and brown sugar. Once combined well, add the oil, vanilla extract, and beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until combined and lump free. Don't whip the mixture!
- For the cream cheese mixture: beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla extract till smooth.
- Fill each muffin container 3/4 full and top with a tbsp of the cream cheese mixture. Do your best to swirl it in with a fork or toothpick.
- Bake for 18- 22 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the middle should come out clean.
Recipe by First and Full at https://firstandfull.com/pumpkin-cream-cheese-muffins/