Spaghetti Squash Mini Pizzas
Yield 6 pizzas
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
- 2 tbsp flour* (Optional)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 C Pizza Sauce
- 1 C Shredded Mozzarella
- any of your other favorite toppings!
- Prepare the Spaghetti Squash. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Carefully cut in half lengthwise and rub the open halves with olive oil. Bake face down on a baking sheet for 40 minutes or until tender. Let cool for 5 minutes. Remove the now shredded flesh with a fork.
- Next, you need to remove as much moisture as possible from the squash. (The more you remove, the better the crust!) Using a cheesecloth or clean kitchen towel, working in small batches, wring out as much liquid as you can.
- Turn the oven up to 425 degrees.
- Mix the prepared spaghetti squash, egg, parmesan cheese, flour, salt, oregano, and black pepper together till combined. The mixture will be wet, don’t worry!
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, or foil sprayed with cooking spray, form mini pizzas. I was able to form six 4 inch pizza crusts.
- Bake crust for 25 minutes. The crust should be firm to the touch and you should be able to lift up the edges without it falling apart. The bottom will have started to brown. Remove from the oven.
- Add your favorite toppings and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes.
* I have made the crust with and without the flour. They were both delicious. The flour just serves to absorb some of the moisture from the squash resulting in a more crisp crust. I have also seen an adaptation online that used rice flour if you are looking to avoid gluten!
Recipe by First and Full at https://firstandfull.com/spaghetti-squash-mini-pizzas/