Yield 18 cookies
A Delicious snickerdoodle cookie rolled in cinnamon sugar and baked till thick and chewy!
- 1 C butter, softened
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 C flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
Plus, more cinnamon and sugar to roll the dough in: 3 tbsp sugar, 3/4 tsp cinnamon.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Cream the 1 C butter, 3/4 C sugar, and 1/2 C brown sugar together till pale; about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg + egg yolk and vanilla extract to the creamed mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients the the wet and mix until barely combined.
- Place dough 2 inches apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. The edges will be brown but the center still soft. Let cool for 10 minutes to let the center set.
Recipe by First and Full at https://firstandfull.com/thick-chewy-snickerdoodle-cookies/