White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
- 1 lb of Vermont White Cheddar Cheese (2 C Shredded)
- 1/2 lb of Gouda (1 C Shredded)
- 1/2 lb of Macaroni noodles
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter
- ¼ C Flour
- 1 C Milk
- 1 C Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ¼ c panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon of butter (for toasting bread crumbs)
- Boil Pasta. Drain
- Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Whisk butter and flour until combined and a warm brown color. (approx. 2 minutes)
- add salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Slowly add the milk + cream in increments. Keep stirring!
- Sauce will thicken quickly. When it starts to simmer, remove from heat.
- Grease a baking dish with butter or nonstick spray. Add drained pasta. I used an 8x8 dish but anything would work. Just make sure the pasta covers the bottom.
- Next, pour the sauce evenly over the noodles. Add the shredded cheeses. Be generous! Stir it all together.
- Prepare bread crumb topping. Melt 1 Tablespoon of butter and stir in panko until a golden brown. Sprinkle over the top of the cheesy pasta. Almost done!
- Pop in a 325 degree oven for 12- 15 minutes.
- Serve warm. Enjoy seconds.
Recipe by First and Full at https://firstandfull.com/white-cheddar-mac-and-cheese/