White Chicken Chili
Yield 6-8 Servings
Light, Flavorful soup with white beans, tender shredded chicken, roasted peppers, topped with cilantro, sliced avocado, and Monterey Jack Cheese.
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 roasted green chiles, deseeded and diced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cans of Northern White Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 C Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- salt + pepper, to taste
- lime juice
- Monterrey jack cheese, shredded
- avocado diced
- Warm 2 tbsp of avocado oil on medium- high heat. Sauté the yellow onion, diced jalapeño, green chiles, and garlic.
- Season with oregano, cumin, chipotle powder, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Add chicken broth and turn the heat down to a low simmer. Taste and season with salt + pepper.
- Let simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Garnish with lime juice, cilantro, diced avocado, and shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese.
If fresh green chilis aren't available, you can use a 4 oz. can of green chiles or roasted poblanos.
Recipe by First and Full at https://firstandfull.com/white-chicken-chili/