Easy Roast chicken in less than an hour! This easy, succulent roast chicken will have you feeling like a kitchen pro!
1 Chicken, backbone removed
1/3 C butter, ghee, or oil
Lots of Kosher Salt + pepper
2 cloves of garlic, crushed into a paste
fresh herbs, chopped
juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spatchcock chicken (Remove backbone) Rinse and pat dry. Place chicken breast-side up on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Rub generously with oil or ghee. Make sure to get under the skin.
- Make paste with crushed garlic and any chopped fresh herbs you choose to use. Use a little more oil or ghee if necessary. Use your hands to rub the paste all over chicken. Get both sides and under the skin.
- Season with salt, cracked black pepper, and any other dry seasonings you might be using. Squeeze lemon juice all over.
- Place in preheated oven. Cook for 30- 50 minutes depending on the size of your chicken.
- Baste every 20 minutes with drippings. If oven cooks unevenly, rotate halfway through cook time.
- Check doneness with meat thermometer, if necessary. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Keywords: chicken, spatchcock, roast