Tasty baked doughnuts with a light, cake-like texture, tossed with tons of cinnamon sugar.
- 1/4 C butter, melted
- 1/4 C applesauce
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 C flour
- 1 C milk
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 c sugar
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine the butter, apple sauce, sugar and brown sugar in a bowl. Mix until well combined- mixture should be relatively smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Barely stir in the 1 C milk. If lumps remain, it’s ok.
- Prepare the doughnut pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour the mixture in a large plastic bag (a makeshift piping bag). Carefully pipe the batter into the doughnut pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing doughnuts from the pan.
- Preparing Cinnamon Sugar Coating: In a plastic bag, add the cinnamon and sugar. Place the melted butter in a shallow medium bowl.
- When ready to coat the doughnuts, lightly dip both sides in the melted butter and place in the sugar+ cinnamon plastic bag. Gently roll around till doughnut is fully coated.