- 1 pie crust*, thawed
- 1 lb chicken breast, (2 1/2C cooked + diced)**
- 3 tbsp of salted butter
- 1 C Yellow Potatoes, diced
- 1/2 C Carrots, diced
- 1/2 C Leeks, sliced thinly
- 1/2 C celery, diced
- 1/2 C yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 C frozen peas
- egg wash: 1 egg +1 tbsp water
- 1/4 C Flour
- 1/2 C reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 C whole milk
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the butter to a heavy bottom pot. Toss in the potatoes and carrots. Cook for 4-5 minutes* till they begin to soften.
- (*if your diced vegetables are on the larger side, this step might take a little longer.)
- In increment, add in the leeks, celery, yellow onion, and finally the peas. Stir them around till they begin to soften.
- Sprinkle vegetables with the flour. It will coat the vegetables.
- Immediately after adding the flour, pour in the chicken broth.
- Turn the heat to low and stir in the milk.
- As mixture simmers, add all the seasonings. Makes sure to taste!
- Finally, toss in the diced chicken.
- Pour mixture into large baking dish or cast iron skillet.
- Cover with pie crust. Brush egg wash all over the crust. Don’t forget the edges! Cute slits in the top to serve as vents.
- Bake at 425 for 30-35 minutes. It’s should be golden brown on top when done!
- Let cool and thicken for 8 minutes before you serve it.
* You are more than welcome to use 2 pie crusts. I have done it both ways. Make sure to pre-bake the bottom crust for 5 minutes before you add the filling.** I baked the chicken breast for 15 minutes on 425 degrees. I seasoned them lightly with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and used a tiny bit of olive oil. You could definitely use a shredded rotisserie chicken, I just found this to be easier!