The sweet, smoky, and flavorful marinade really takes these to another level. If you are a fan of salsa chicken or ‘Dump and Go’ recipes, you will love these.
- 1.75- 2lbs of chicken breast
- 1/2 C pineapple Juice
- 1/2 C orange Juice
- 2 chipotle peppers
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 yellow onion
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1tsp chili powder
- salt + pepper to taste
- diced onions
- fresh cilantro
- tortillas or jicama shells
- To make the marinade: Add ALL the ingredients (except the chicken breast) to the blender. Pulse till smooth.
- Place the chicken breast in the bottom of the pressure cooker. Pour the blender marinade over the top of the chicken.
- Cook for 12 minutes and let it depressurize naturally. (If applicable, use the ‘POULTRY’ button on your pressure cooker.
- When safe, open the lid and remove the chicken breast. Shred with two forks.
- Before adding the shredded chicken back to cooking liquid, reduce it by using the ‘SIMMER’ function on the Instant Pot or Just doing a 5 minute cook cycle with the lid OFF.
- Once the sauce has thickened, add the shredded chicken breasts back to the pot.
- Serve with diced onions and fresh cilantro!
salt + pepper to taste (after you have cooked the chicken and shredded it, add salt and pepper to taste.
Slow Cooker Instructions: Prepare the marinade as instructed. Place the chicken breast in the bottom of your slow cooker. Pour the blender marinade over the top. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3 1/2 – 4 hours. Shred the chicken and add back to the pot. Cook for an additional 6 minutes so the sauce can thicken