Fire roasted poblano peppers, deseeded and stuffed with a delicious chorizo filling packed with onions, garlic, bell peppers, and cauliflower rice. They are then nestled into a smoky enchilada sauce and baked till bubbly.
- 4 Poblano Peppers
- 2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 clove of garlic
- 2-3 tsp Whole30 compliant chipotle paste* or 2 chipotles in adobo sauce (if not Whole30)
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1 lb compliant chorizo** or ground beef
- 2 C Cauliflower rice
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt+ pepper, to taste
- avocado crema (avocado, lime juice, salt, coconut milk― blended)
- Whole30 Salsa Ranch (Whole30 ranch blend with your favorite salsa)
- sliced avocado
- fresh cilantro
- fried plantains
- Roast the poblano peppers on a gas stove top or rub them with a little oil and roast them on a sheet pan in a 450 degree oven. Rotate till they begin to soften and char. Slit each pepper and remove seeds.
- Prepare Enchilada Sauce: Add the fire roasted tomatoes, chopped onion, garlic, chipotle paste, dates, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, and coriander to a blender. Blend till smooth. Taste. Add salt + pepper as needed.
- Prepare Pepper Filling: Brown the chorizo, onion, and bell pepper in a large skillet. Once the chorizo is just about cooked through, add the minced garlic, cumin, garlic powder, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the cauliflower rice. Stir in 1/2 C of the enchilada sauce .Let simmer till the cauliflower rice begins to soften.
- Spoon filling into the peppers.
- Pour 1-1/2 C of the enchilada filling in the bottom of an 9x12in baking dish. Nestle the stuffed peppers in the filling. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or till bubbly.
- Serve with sliced avocado, avocado cream, or Whole30 Salsa Ranch and fried plantains!
* This is the only compliant chipotle paste I have found. Chipotles in adobo almost always have added sugar.
** Sprouts Market has an amazing Chicken Chorizo that is compliant!
Keywords: enchiladas, whole30, chorizo, peppers