Whole30 approved ketchup with a full-bodied flavor and a hint of sweetness.
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 14oz can fire-roasted tomatoes (or diced tomatoes)
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 pitted medjool dates soaked in 3/4 C hot water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- Add all the ingredients (including the water soaking the dates) to a small sauce pot. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes; the sauce should begin to thicken.
- Transfer all the ingredients to a blender. Carefully blend the hot mixture till smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt + pepper as needed.