Before we get started:
YES, these sauces are all Whole30 Approved. NO, you won’t be able to tell. These 5 Whole30 sauces and salad dressings are full of flavor and are really easy to make. I made them all in about 30 minutes and can store them in my fridge for a couple of weeks. They are ideal for roasted veggies, raw veggies, lettuce wraps, salads, and big bowls of leftovers. The fastest way to transform your leftovers, is with a fresh and exciting sauce drizzled over the top!
Most people sing the praises of Whole30 Approved mayo but I’d much rather use one of these 5 sauces to spice up a dish.Print
Delicious, smoky, BBQ sauce perfect for any protein!
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened 100% apple sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 tbsp chipotle paste (2 if you don’t like spice)
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 5 dates in hot water
Place all the ingredients in the blender and pulse till smooth. Add water to reach desired consistency
Whole30 approved ketchup with a full-bodied flavor and a hint of sweetness.
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 14oz can fire-roasted tomatoes (or diced tomatoes)
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 pitted medjool dates soaked in 3/4 C hot water
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- Add all the ingredients (including the water soaking the dates) to a small sauce pot. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes; the sauce should begin to thicken.
- Transfer all the ingredients to a blender. Carefully blend the hot mixture till smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt + pepper as needed.
Delicious Whole30 take on the Chipotle Grill’s popular salad dressing!
- 1 tbsp chipotle paste (chipotles in Adobo Sauce aren’t considered compliant)
- 1/3 C Red Wine Vinegar
- 2-3 dates, softened in 1/2 C warm water
- 3/4 C Avocado Oil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt*
- 1/2 tsp pepper*
- 3 cloves of garlic
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- water, till desired consistency achieved
- Add all the ingredients to your blender or food processor and whiz till smooth.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
This bright and tangy vinaigrette would be great as a marinade for chicken or shrimp or drizzled over a salad.
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
3 tsp avocado oil
1 handful of cilantro ~1/2 cup (you could also use parsley)
juice of 1 orange juice of 1 lemon
juice of 1/2 lime
1 tsp coconut aminos
salt + pepper to taste
Add everything to the blender and pulse till smooth and incorporated!
This light but flavorful sauce would be perfect on just about anything. Looking to liven up some lettuce wraps? Try this!
- 2-1/2 tsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 3 tsp orange juice
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 7 drops of Fish Sauce
- 1/2 tsp ginger (I used powdered ginger)
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- Blend everything in your blender or food processor.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks!