Sometimes, I have moments of absolute brilliance. This was one of them― easy Spaghetti Squash Carbonara. As part of my meal prep this week, I roasted a spaghetti squash and stored it in my fridge. My kids love spaghetti squash and it’s a nice change up from pasta when we are looking to be a little healthier. I was looking for a QUICK lunch one day and found this, some sad kale, and a pack of bacon chilling in the fridge. I instantly knew what needed to happen.
Before I even turned on the stove, I knew this would be a success because of one thing― BACON.
This spaghetti squash carbonara is incredibly flavorful especially considering the short ingredient list.
Spaghetti Squash Carbonara
Yield 3 serving
This 7 ingredients spaghetti squash carbonara comes together in less than 15 minutes and will make you smile with each bit. Simple goodness lightened up!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 C coconut milk
- 1 spaghetti squash, roasted and flesh removed*
- 6 pieces of bacon, diced
- kale, sliced into ribbons ( I used lacimoto kale)
- 1/3 C parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- salt + pepper
- In a large skillet on medium heat, brown the bacon till it just begins to crisp up. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Reserve oil in the pan.
- Add the minced shallots and garlic to the pan. Saute till fragrant; approx. 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sliced kale to the skillet. Saute till crisp. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked spaghetti squash and stir around till it warms up. Mix in the cooked bacon.
- Egg Mixture: whip the eggs and coconut milk till smooth and frothy.
- Add the egg mixture the the skillet and stir constantly so the egg mixture thickens and coats the squash and kale.
- Serve immediately with a handful of chopped parsley.
I used leftover spaghetti squash. It had dried a little and was easier to work with.
Looking for other ways to use up that spaghetti squash?