Crispy pie crust, spread with a cool and creamy mixture topped with fresh sweetened berries. The easiest summer dessert to feed to a crowd.
- 2 pie crusts, pre-made works well or here is the recipe to one of my favorites
- 2- 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 C whipped cream, fresh is preferred
- 1/4 C powdered sugar or maple syrup
- 2 pounds of berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, preferred*)
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zest
- Stack the 2 pie crusts and roll out to the size of your cookie sheet. Carefully transfer to the baking sheet folding down any edges to resemble a crust. DO NOT SPRAY YOUR BAKING PAN.
- Bake for 12- 15 mins at 375 degrees. Remove from oven and let cool for 20 mins.
- Prepare cream cheese spread: mix the cream cheese with the vanilla extract and powdered sugar till smooth.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Prepare the berries: Rinse & dry the berries. Toss them with the sugar and lemon zest. Set aside for at least 30 mins.
- Assembly: Spread the cream cheese on the cooled pie crust. Using a slotted spoon, gently place the berries on top of the cream cheese spread. Avoid adding too much of the syrup from the sweetened berry topping.
- Serve and enjoy immediately!
Keywords: dessert, berries, summer, fruit, slab pie