This Blackened Shrimp Salad with Mango Vinaigrette is colorful, the flavors are bright, and the shrimp is delicious.
- 1 lb raw shrimp, deveined. peeled (optional but suggested)
- 1-2 tbsp tbsp blackened seasoning
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 C Spinach
- 2 C mixed greens
- 1 cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- 1 carrot, thinly spiced
- 1/4 watermelon radish, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, cut into wedges
- 3 mangoes (1.5 for the dressing, 1.5 for the salad)
- 1/2 small shallot, diced
- Juice from 3 limes (or any combination of lemon, lime, and orange)
- 2 tbsp rice wine or champagne vinegar
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Season shrimp: make sure the shrimp is dry and toss with blackened seasoning. Preheat cast iron skillet to medium high.
- Prepare Vinaigrette: In a blender, combine 1.5 diced mango, shallot, lime juice, rice wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pulse till smooth.
- Cook shrimp in 2 tbsp of avocado oil on medium heat. ~5 minutes
- Put everything together. Place mixed greens in a large bowl and top with cucumbers, carrots, watermelon radishes, remaining diced mango, and avocado wedges. Pile shrimp in the middle and serve dressing on the side!
Keywords: salad, summer, bbq, shrimp, cajun