I am always looking for BBQ worthy salads, and this Blackened Shrimp Salad definitely fits the bill! Its colorful, the flavors are bright, and the shrimp is BOMB! I was looking to incorporate some beautiful mangoes I found at the store and came up with the salad. Its based off a recipe already on here, Blackened Salmon with peach salsa.
Salad can be boring. I’ll be the first to admit it. Limp lettuce, cold proteins, and bottled dressings just aren’t that interesting! I didn’t start enjoying salads till I started making my own. This one was made to impress. Swap out the shrimp for chicken if you want, add some feta if you feel inclined (and aren’t doing a Whole30), and make sure to season your avocados with some salt and pepper before serving.
This Blackened Shrimp Salad with Mango Vinaigrette is colorful, the flavors are bright, and the shrimp is delicious.
- 1 lb raw shrimp, deveined. peeled (optional but suggested)
- 1-2 tbsp tbsp blackened seasoning
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 C Spinach
- 2 C mixed greens
- 1 cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- 1 carrot, thinly spiced
- 1/4 watermelon radish, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, cut into wedges
- 3 mangoes (1.5 for the dressing, 1.5 for the salad)
- 1/2 small shallot, diced
- Juice from 3 limes (or any combination of lemon, lime, and orange)
- 2 tbsp rice wine or champagne vinegar
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. salt, to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Season shrimp: make sure the shrimp is dry and toss with blackened seasoning. Preheat cast iron skillet to medium high.
- Prepare Vinaigrette: In a blender, combine 1.5 diced mango, shallot, lime juice, rice wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Pulse till smooth.
- Cook shrimp in 2 tbsp of avocado oil on medium heat. ~5 minutes
- Put everything together. Place mixed greens in a large bowl and top with cucumbers, carrots, watermelon radishes, remaining diced mango, and avocado wedges. Pile shrimp in the middle and serve dressing on the side!
Keywords: salad, summer, bbq, shrimp, cajun