I wasn’t always a fan of salmon. I finally figured out, I just didn’t like how it was prepared. I like it with a sweet glaze, like my Simple Honey Sriracha Salmon, or seasoned and topped with a spicy sweet salsa like this recipe. And as a bonus, (especially in January), it’s Whole30 Blackened Salmon with Peach Salsa.
This dish is such a great mix of flavors. The blacked seasoning is spicy and smoky, the salsa is sweet and a little tart, depending on the ripeness of your peaches. If you don’t have a peach available, you could also use a pineapple, or diced mango.
Don’t be scared of a little heat– the lime crema is refreshing when drizzled over the top. Feel free to serve this with a side of vegetables or on a tortilla as a delicious taco!
Whole30 Blackened Salmon with Peach Salsa
Yield 4 pieces
A quick and delicious entree featuring blackened salmon, and a sweet peach salsa, and a drizzle of refreshing lime crema. Plus, it's Whole30 compliant!
- 3 pieces of salmon
- avocado oil
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 Yellow Peach, diced
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and diced
- salt + pepper, to taste
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 2 tbsp milk
- salt, to taste
- Blackened Seasoning: In a small bowl, combined all the ingredients listed under ‘Blackened Seasoning’. Liberally season the fleshy side of the salmon. If you decide to use a store- bought blackened
- Lime Crema: In a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, lime juice, milk, and salt.
- Heat a skillet on medium. When warm, add avocado oil and cook salmon for 3-4 minutes each side. The cooking time really depends on the thickness of your salmon. Be gentle! If the fish seems stuck to the pan, give it a little more time. When salmon is cooked throughout, remove from pan and set aside.
- Serve salmon hot with peach salsa piled on top, drizzled with lime crema.
*This recipe does yield extras; save the rest in an air tight container for later.