Tender Italian beef comes together in less than 3 hours (from Freezer to Table) thanks to the Instant Pot!
- 4 lb Chuck Roast (frozen*)
- 2 packets of Italian Seasoning Mix
- 3 C Beef Stock
- 4 pepperocini peppers + 2/3 C liquid from jar
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt + 1 tsp pepper, to start*
- Add the chuck roast, Italian Seasoning Packets, Beef Stock, Pepperocinis and liquid from the jar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the Instant Pot.
- Cook: MANUAL/ HIGH PRESSURE 2 hours and 15 minutes with NATURAL RELEASE.
- Once the valve has released, shred beef, and season with additional salt + pepper, and pepperocinis.
- The cook instructions are for frozen beef. I can’t tell you how long to cook a thawed one as I haven’t tried it yet in the Instant Pot.
I let my beef sit in the instant pot beyond the cook time and natural release. If you can, I suggest leaving it for an additional 30 minutes after the valve has released. Beef should fall apart easily!
It will take 20-25 minutes for the pressure to build. That’s fine!
Keywords: beef, chicago, italian, shredded, instant pot