This has been our favorite frittata combination so far! Smoked chorizo, thinly sliced sweet peppers, and melt-in-your mouth caramelized onions come together in the baked breakfast perfection.
- 1 pound of chorizo (I used smoked chorizo; it initially came in link form but i just cut it out of it’s casing!)
- 6-8 sweet peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 C spinach
- 1 tbsp oil
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 C unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional) adds a “cheesy” flavor
- pico de gallo
- guacamole or just smashed avocado
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line an 11×14 oven safe pan with parchment paper.
- Sauté the sliced yellow onion in the oil on low or medium-low till they begin to soften and turn a caramel brow color. This will take 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Brown the chorizo in a skillet.
- Whip the 12 eggs and 1/4 C of unsweetened coconut milk till combined well. The mixture should look creamy and frothy. Season with nutritional yeast (optional), salt and pepper.
- Layer all the vegetables i.e. caramelized onions, spinach, sliced peppers, in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the vegetables.
- Lastly, spread the cooked chorizo evenly over the frittata.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or till the center is cooked throughout. Check occasionally as each oven cooks differently.