A simple pasta dish packed with broccoli, carrots, sweet corn, and a delectable garlic sauce.
- 1 lb of chicken, diced
- 1/2 box of fusilli pasta
- 1 1/2 C chicken broth
- 2 shallots, minced (~2 tbsp)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 C carrot slices (frozen worked fine)
- 2 C broccoli, frozen or fresh
- 3/4 C corn (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 C parmesan cheese
- salt + pepper
- 2 tbsp cream cheese (optional)
- Prepare the fusilli according to the package instructions.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Brown the diced chicken in 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Turn the heat to medium low and add the garlic and shallots. Stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot slices and broccoli. Pour in the 1 1/2 C of chicken broth.
- Season with garlic powder and salt + pepper to taste.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes or till broccoli reaches desired doneness.
- Serve with a generous helping of grated parmesan cheese!
To add a little richness, gently stir in 2 tbsp of cream cheese at the end.