Garlic Chicken Pasta
Frozen bags of Garlic Chicken pasta were a go-to growing up. There was a pasta called Voila Garlic Chicken Pasta by Birds Eye that I loved. I would pick out the carrots and broccoli before I tossed it in the skillet and call it a balanced meal. I was looking for an easy dinner the other night and I remembered the good ol’ days of frozen pasta, with minimal veggies, and how it always needed a little more sauce.
Keep reading for my version of Garlic Chicken Pasta with just the right amount of sauce and that’s even freezer friendly!
You know what I DON’T REMEMBER? Looking at serving size. I just ate the entire bag. Soccer served me well for SO LONG. It was actually a saving grace. I pretty much ate whatever I wanted and stayed about the same weight.
I have since created my own version and I must say, it’s got frozen Garlic Chicken Voila beat. It’s got a great garlic sauce, broccoli, carrots, seasoned chicken breast, and pasta.
Want to know the best part? It’s FREEZER FRIENDLY! I bagged it in a freezer safe plastic bag and when you’re ready to eat it, toss it in a skillet, add 3 tbsp of water, and cover.Takes about 10 minutes and is JUST as good the second time around!Print
A simple pasta dish packed with broccoli, carrots, sweet corn, and a delectable garlic sauce.
- 1 lb of chicken, diced
- 1/2 box of fusilli pasta
- 1 1/2 C chicken broth
- 2 shallots, minced (~2 tbsp)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 C carrot slices (frozen worked fine)
- 2 C broccoli, frozen or fresh
- 3/4 C corn (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 C parmesan cheese
- salt + pepper
- 2 tbsp cream cheese (optional)
- Prepare the fusilli according to the package instructions.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Brown the diced chicken in 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Turn the heat to medium low and add the garlic and shallots. Stir constantly for 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot slices and broccoli. Pour in the 1 1/2 C of chicken broth.
- Season with garlic powder and salt + pepper to taste.
- Let simmer for 5 minutes or till broccoli reaches desired doneness.
- Serve with a generous helping of grated parmesan cheese!
To add a little richness, gently stir in 2 tbsp of cream cheese at the end.