We are in a busy season right now. I’m currently interested in:
- 1 pot dishes
- Freezer Meals
- Sleepovers at Gigi + papa’s house/granny’s house
- Exhausted kids after long play days
- All the help we can get!
These zucchini fritters were actually created because I forgot about the 5 pound bag of zucchini I purchased at Costco the previous week and needed a way to use them up quick. I shredded the zucchini in the food processor and used a cookie scoop to keep things simple.
These zucchini fritters are the perfect after school snack! They are cheesy, crispy, and easy to pull out of the freezer when needed.
- Zucchini fritters
- 2-3 medium zucchini, shredded with the moisture squeezed out
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 c bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 C shredded cheese (any combination of parmesan, cheddar, white cheddar, colby, etc)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- salt + pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine shredded zucchini, egg, cheese, breadcrumbs, and seasonings in a large bowl. The mix shouldn’t be overly wet; just wet enough that it stays together when scooped.
- Line a tray with parchment paper. I used a cookie scoop to divide the mixture into 3 oz portions. Place about 3 inches apart on baking sheet. Gently press to tops down to flatten into a “patty” shape. (OPTIONAL: to promote browning, I lightly sprayed the patties with avocado oil spray.)
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
Add a 1/4 of a yellow onion to the mix. Just grate the onion when you grate the zucchini.
Add a shredded white potato to the mix to yield more fritters. The starch from the potato will also help the fritter crisp up more. Don’t forget to add a little extra salt.
Freeze these patties for easy weekday snacks! Lay them flat on a tray or plate and freeze for 2 hours. Transfer to a freezer safe bag or container and cook them as needed.
Try cooking them in the air fryer!
Serve with marinara sauce, tatziki, or ranch!