Running out of ideas for chicken breast? Try these Ranch Grilled Chicken Skewers to change things up a bit! The roasted garlic in the homemade ranch adds a subtle garlic flavor with a hint of sweetness while all the added herbs like parsley, dill, and thyme bring your right back to the traditional flavors of ranch.
Growing up, 90% of my diet involved ranch dressing. Everything was dunked in ranch and if it couldn’t be, I probably didn’t eat it. I’m proud to say I would whole- heartedly choose this homemade Whole30 ranch dressing over the bottled stuff any day!
The best part about this recipe, is the simplicity of it. These marinade for these Ranch Grilled Chicken Skewers come together in about 5 minutes, only needs to marinate for 10- 15 minutes and spend even less time on the grill since the chicken is diced into bite sized pieces and threaded onto skewers.
Whole30 or not, this chicken is GOOD! BBQ season is upon us and I can guarantee your guests will LOVE these Ranch Grilled Chicken Skewers! Marinate them ahead of time, pull them out once the grill gets hot, and smugly sit back and watch the guests enjoy your Whole30 contribution to the party.Print
Ranch Grilled Chicken Skewers (Whole30)
Chicken breast marinated in a roasted garlic ranch marinade and grilled till juicy. Serve with roasted potatoes and grilled asparagus for a balanced summer meal!
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1/4 C avocado oil
- 1/4 C coconut milk
- 1/3 C Whole30 homemade mayo or Compliant Mayo
- 3 cloves of roasted garlic
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- pinch of sea salt, to taste
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Combine all the ingredients in a wide mouth mason jar and blend with an immersion blender till smooth OR add the ingredients to the blender and pulse till smooth.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and pour ranch “marinade” over the top till just covered. Reserve the rest of the garlic ranch for a dipping sauce. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes. Thread chicken onto skewers. If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak for at least 10 minutes so they don’t burn on the grill.
- Preheat grill to medium- high heat. Cook chicken for 8- 12 minutes, flipping halfway. Serve with additional ranch!
Foil Packet Fingerling Potatoes
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 servings
- Method: grill
- 15-20 fingerling potatoes, halved
- 2 tsp ghee (or olive oil)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary or thyme (optional)
- On a large sheet of foil, add halved fingerling potatoes, ghee, salt, pepper, and fresh herbs. Wrap tightly so the potatoes steam till fork tender. Grill on medium- high heat ~20 minutes. Make sure to shake halfway.
- Open foil and add back to the grill. ~8 minutes.
Keywords: side dish, potatoes, roast, grill, foil packet
Looking for another Whole30 Summer Grilling Recipe? Try these Whole30 Steak Fajitas!
[…] 10: Ranch Chicken Skewers with Asparagus and Roasted Potatoes from First and Full (recipe here). Whole30 compliant ranch dressing acts as a marinade and dip in this dish. I conquered homemade […]