This Texas girl loves herself some fajitas!
I couldn’t imagine 30 days without my beloved Tex-Mex, so I had to hop in the kitchen and come up with my own compliant marinade for Whole30 Steak Fajitas. This blender marinade is as easy as can be and imparts a ton of flavor. If you have been looking for a fresh new recipe to throw on the grill this summer, give this one a try!
Don’t have a grill or don’t feel like heading outside? Try my recipe for Sheetpan Steak Fajitas.Print
Delicious Whole30 Compliant marinade for steak fajitas. Everything gets tossed in a blender for little clean up and maximum flavor!
- 2 lbs skirt steak
- 2-3 Dried Chiles (i.e. Chile de Arbol, ancho chiles, red chiles etc.), stem and seeds removed, rehydrated in warm water
- 2 dates, pitted and soaked in warm water
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 C coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 C- 1/2 C water, depending on marinade thickness
- 1/2 tsp salt + 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (optional)
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 orange or yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- mixed greens or arugula
- cauliflower rice
- guacamole or sliced avocado
- pico de gallo
- Prepare the marinade: Add the rehydrated chilies, pitted dates, garlic, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, cumin, oregano, coriander, chili powder, lime juice, water, and the salt + pepper to a blender. Pulse till mixture is smooth. Add more water if mixture is too thick. Let marinate for 4+ hours.
- Saute the onions and peppers in a skillet with 1 tbsp of avocado oil. Season with salt + pepper.
- Grill the skirt steak on high heat till desired doneness. For medium, ~ 4 minutes each side.
- Serve with cauliflower rice, fresh greens, avocado, pico de gallo, and compliant salsa.
If too spicy, add more water, tomato paste, or another date.
If too bland, add a pinch of salt, more apple cider vinegar, or extra lime juice.
Keywords: whole30, mexican, fajitas, steak, beef