Homemade Peach pie: Buttery, flaky pie crust, filled with ripe peaches tossed with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 1 C Bread Flour
- 1/3 C Cake Flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1-3/4 sticks (14 tbsp) of COLD unsalted butter, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 4 or 5 large Peaches, peeled and sliced*
- Brown sugar
- White sugar
- ¼ C Flour
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 egg, whisked
- Sanding Sugar
- Combine bread flour, cake flour, and salt in the food processor. Pulse a couple times till combined. Add cubed butter. Pulse 8-10 times or till the mixture is crumbly. It will still be relatively loose!
- Dump the crust mixture onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough till it starts to form a large ball. Flatten into a disc, wrap in parchment paper, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- PREHEAT oven to 425 degrees.
- PREPARE filling: add peaches, brown sugar, white sugar, flour, lemon juice, salt, and cinnamon to a bowl. Gently stir till combined. Set Aside.
- Remove pie dough from the fridge. Roll into a 12 inch circle. Transfer to pie dish. Trim the excess.
- ADD the peaches to the pie crust.
- CREATE your lattice strips. Roll excess pie dough out and cut 1 inch thick strips. HERE is a more in depth tutorial on how to create the lattice pattern as pictured above.
- BRUSH the top crust with egg wash and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
- BAKE for 15 minutes. Turn the oven to 375 degrees and bake for an additional 45 minutes.
- COOL and set for at least 20 minutes. Slice and serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
You can also use canned peaches or frozen peaches. If using canned, use 4 cans, and make sure to drain ALL the syrup off the peaches before adding the other ingredients. If using frozen peaches, use 30 oz let them thaw completely and add an extra ¼ C of white sugar.