This lemon chia seed granola is a healthier alternative to that jumbo lemon poppy seed muffin you were tempted to buy the other day! It’s bright, crunchy, a little chewy, and just sweet enough!
- 1/2 C cashew butter
- 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 C rolled oats
- 3/4 C puffed quinoa or puffed rice cereal
- 1/2 C sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Combine the cashew butter, ghee, and honey in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 20-30 seconds or until the mixture is completely melted and smooth. Stir in the lemon extract, vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, puffed quinoa, sliced almonds, and chia seeds. Stir in the melted mixture till all the ingredients are coated well.
- If making crunchy granola: preheat oven to 375 degrees. Dump onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Make sure to spread mixture out. Bake for 15-18 minutes; stir occasionally!
- If making no-bake granola bars*: Press the mixture into a parchment lined 8×8 pan. Refrigerate for 3hours+. Slice into 8 bars.
You might need to add an additional 1/4 C of cashew butter to make them hold together a little better. Depends on the brand of cashew butter. You could add an additional 1 tbsp of honey for more sweetness.