Bell peppers stuffed with Mexican seasoned ground beef, riced vegetables, fire roasted tomatoes.
- 4 bell peppers, halved down the core
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 C cauliflower & broccoli riced vegetables
- 1 1/2 C ground beef (mine was taco seasoned)
- 2/3 C fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 C water
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- shredded cheese (optional)
- pico de gallo
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. When warm, drizzle halved peppers with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in a baking dish for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Prepare Filling: In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp of oil and diced yellow onion. Sauté till they begin to soften. Add riced vegetables. Sauté for an additional 4 minutes. Add fire roasted tomatoes, and finally seasoned ground beef.* Add 1/4 C of water and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon filling into the peppers. Top with cheese (optional)
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Serve with cilantro, avocado, pico de gallo, and salsa.
I used leftover ground beef. If making fresh, season to your liking before adding to skillet mixture with riced veggies
Keywords: peppers, whole30, Mexican, keto, meal prep