These peppers are the EASIEST thing to toss together when you are feeling less than inspired AND have a few extra vegetables in the fridge. This came together on a whim during an Instagram story! There were tons of requests for the recipe so here you have it!
To cut down on the cook time and stuff to the peppers to their max capacity, I cut the peppers in half and lay them flat in a large baking dish.
I also like to roast my bell peppers for a few minutes before stuffing them to insure that they get nice and tender once stuffed and baked again. I just rub them with a little oil and pop them in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.
This recipe is as versatile as you want it to be. I stuffed my peppers with leftover taco seasoned ground beef but you could you shredded chicken, ground turkey, or just several cups of vegetables to keep things vegetarian. To keep things Whole30, leave off the shredded cheese; top with pico de gallo and smashed avocado and enjoy your dinner.
Bell peppers stuffed with Mexican seasoned ground beef, riced vegetables, fire roasted tomatoes.
- 4 bell peppers, halved down the core
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 C cauliflower & broccoli riced vegetables
- 1 1/2 C ground beef (mine was taco seasoned)
- 2/3 C fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/4 C water
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- shredded cheese (optional)
- pico de gallo
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. When warm, drizzle halved peppers with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in a baking dish for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Prepare Filling: In a large skillet, add 1 tbsp of oil and diced yellow onion. Sauté till they begin to soften. Add riced vegetables. Sauté for an additional 4 minutes. Add fire roasted tomatoes, and finally seasoned ground beef.* Add 1/4 C of water and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon filling into the peppers. Top with cheese (optional)
- Bake for 20 minutes at 375 degrees. Serve with cilantro, avocado, pico de gallo, and salsa.
I used leftover ground beef. If making fresh, season to your liking before adding to skillet mixture with riced veggies
Keywords: peppers, whole30, Mexican, keto, meal prep