Sweet and Creamy oatmeal with ripe peaches sautéed in brown sugar and a healthy drizzle of cream at the end. A decadent breakfast in a bowl.
- 1 C Old Fashioned Oatmeal
- 2 C milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 peach, diced
- 1 tsp ghee, butter, or coconut oil
- ~1/4 C brown sugar*
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
+ additional milk or cream to drizzle before serving
1. In a medium sauce pot on medium- high heat, add ghee and diced peaches. Sauté till they begin to soften.
2. Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Stir constantly.
3. Add the rolled oats and milk.
4. Let the oatmeal simmer on medium- low for 10 minutes; stirring occasionally.
5. Once oatmeal has thickened remove from heat and serve with additional drizzle of milk or cream.
*You can really use any sweetener. Honey, coconut sugar, or agave nectar would all work! Start with 2 tbsp and add more if necessary.
Store leftover oatmeal in the fridge for up to one week. Rehydrate with a little additional almond milk or water.
Keywords: breakfast, peaches, oatmeal, cream