Peaches and Cream. I actually prefer peaches and ice cream, but the next best thing is definitely a big ol’ bowl of this peaches and cream oatmeal. The peaches pretty much melt into the sweet, creamy oatmeal and the drizzle of milk at the end make it almost decadent.
I prefer to use old fashioned oats and let them simmer for as long as possible. I know time is of the essence in the morning so I like to add this Peaches and Cream Oatmeal to my meal prep and just store it in the fridge for easy reheating.
If you are a fan of the Peaches and Cream Oatmeal pouches, this recipes is about to knock off your socks because nothing can compare to real, ripe and juicy peaches.Print
Peaches and Cream Oatmeal
- Cook Time: 13
- Total Time: 13 mins
- Yield: 4 servings
- Category: breakfast
- Method: simmer
Sweet and Creamy oatmeal with ripe peaches sautéed in brown sugar and a healthy drizzle of cream at the end. A decadent breakfast in a bowl.
- 1 C Old Fashioned Oatmeal
- 2 C milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 peach, diced
- 1 tsp ghee, butter, or coconut oil
- ~1/4 C brown sugar*
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
+ additional milk or cream to drizzle before serving
1. In a medium sauce pot on medium- high heat, add ghee and diced peaches. Sauté till they begin to soften.
2. Sprinkle with brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Stir constantly.
3. Add the rolled oats and milk.
4. Let the oatmeal simmer on medium- low for 10 minutes; stirring occasionally.
5. Once oatmeal has thickened remove from heat and serve with additional drizzle of milk or cream.
*You can really use any sweetener. Honey, coconut sugar, or agave nectar would all work! Start with 2 tbsp and add more if necessary.
Store leftover oatmeal in the fridge for up to one week. Rehydrate with a little additional almond milk or water.
Keywords: breakfast, peaches, oatmeal, cream