I haven’t always been a fan of pumpkin flavored things but this fall, all of that is changing! Lately, I have been screaming, “give me ALL the pumpkin!”
If you aren’t the biggest fan of pumpkin, try roasted sweet potato in place of the pumpkin.
This recipe is just in time for the cooler mornings; especially the ones where you just crave something warm and comfortable. You can make this breakfast the evening before and enjoy it with warm maple syrup, and smooth milk or cream in the morning.
We live in Texas so when I say cooler temperatures, I’m talking 60ish degrees but we will take what we can get!
Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
- 1 C Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 C Milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 C coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 C maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C pecans, chopped (optional)
- 2 C old fashioned oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Maple syrup for serving
- half and half (or heavy cream) for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients (pumpkin puree, milk, egg, banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract).
- Stir in the oats, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
- Spread mixture in an 8x8 baking dish or individual ramekins.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the middle is set.
- Serve with an extra drizzle of maple syrup and a bit of the cream. Enjoy!
1. This could also be prepared in the crockpot! Make sure to spray the pot with cooking spray before dumping the contents. Cook on low for 4 hours or high for 2 hours.
2. I used a ripe banana to keep the oatmeal moist and add a little sweetness. You can’t taste the banana flavor at all!
3. Try topping it with plain or vanilla greek yogurt for a healthier option as opposed to the cream.
4. Feel free to use a dairy free milk alternative (almond milk, coconut milk, cashew milk, etc.).
[…] If you are looking for some easy pregame recipes try my Gameday Quiche, Coconut French Toast Casserole, or Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal. […]
[…] breakfast: Try my pumpkin oatmeal. once cooked, potion into individual containers. Chop veggies for pot pie and dice 2 sweet […]
[…] usually make an extra or two JUST for these oats. If you aren’t into sweet potatoes, try my Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal! Sweet Potato Oatmeal Print Cook time 10 mins Total time 10 mins Easy […]
[…] are looking for some of my other fall favorite recipes, check these out: pumpkin pie granola and baked pumpkin oatmeal. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins Print Prep time 10 mins Cook time 20 mins […]
[…] Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal perfect for crisp fall mornings. […]