- 3 C Flour
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C unsalted, cold butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 C light corn syrup
- 3/4 C white sugar
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 C pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the shortbread crust: In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, and salt. Slice the cold butter into 1 inch cubes and cut into the dry ingredients. It will resemble small crumbs.
- Prepare a 11X15 baking dish. Make sure its something with at least 2 inch sides to prevent a sticky mess! Line the dish with parchment paper or foil.
- Press the crust mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Prepare the Filling: in a bowl, combine the eggs, corn syrup, white and brown sugar, vanilla extract and the pecan pieces. Spread evenly over the baked crust. Fill in holes with additional pecan pieces.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until mixture is completely set and beginning to crack on top.