I love Bacon, have a crush on caramelized onions, and adore brie. I just kinda like eggs.
Frittatas are for people who like eggs but are much more about the mix ins. If you like omelettes, this is the egg dish of your dreams. It’s easy to accomplish, looks pretty, and is even tasty cold! I actually plan on serving this during the season when we host a bunch of friends and family. If serving during brunch, mix up a green salad and don’t forget the mimosas!
Bacon, Brie, and Caramelized Onion Frittata
Yield 8 slices
An easy to make fritatta with crispy bacon, caramelized onions, and creamy brie cheese. Made it one pan-- brunch can't get any easier!
- 8 slices of bacon
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 a medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 C half and half
- 1/2 tsp salt + 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 oz. brie cheese
- In an oven-safe saute pan, cook chopped bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove and let drain on a paper towel lined plate. Roughly chop. Reserve skillet and reserve 1 tbsp of grease. Discard leftover oil.
- Add in thinly sliced onions. Sauté till a warm caramel color. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, half and half, salt + pepper, minced garlic, and half of the chopped bacon.
- Make sure oil coats the bottom of the skillet. If necessary, add a pat of butter.
- Pour in egg mixture and cook on stove until edges are set. (around 8-10 minutes). DO NOT STIR OR NUDGE.
- Preheat oven to broil. Add slices of brie to the frittata and sprinkle remaining bacon on top. Broil in oven until the top is golden brown (about 5 minutes)
- Remove from oven and let cool. Enjoy!
Use a madelin to thinly slice those onions.
Try leeks for a more mild onion flavor. Make sure to sauté until tender.
There are so many different combinations. Be adventurous
If you’re looking for something sweet for brunch, try my Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Blender Muffins!