I asked some of my readers awhile back:
- If they had a blender
- If they used it for anything other than smoothies
Majority have a blender but they only use it for smoothies. That is SUCH a waste of an amazing appliance! My blender is one of my top 5 favorite kitchen tools. I have owned several different brands, and yes; some are better than others but look for something you can afford and PURCHASE A BLENDER.
I use my blender for everything from making oat flour for my No- Bake Toasted Coconut Granola Bars , to making an easy “dump and blend” pancake recipe, to these delicious banana chocolate chip blender muffins!
You heard it here first! Blender Muffins are about the be a “thing.” All the ingredients get methodically tossed in the blender then whizzed up and poured into muffin tins. This recipe came about because I was about to start the process for banana bread but got lazy. This is the ultimate lazy baked goods recipe! They are moist, sweet, and laced with chocolate (and Nutella if you want to get a little crazy.) This banana chocolate chip blender muffins recipe works with any type of milk and is a little healthier with applesauce, whole wheat flour, and ripe banana as the primary sweetener.
Banana Chocolate Chip Blender Muffins
Yield 12 muffins
These moist, sweet, and tender muffins are made in the blender in less than five minutes! They are studded with chocolate and sweetened with ripe bananas.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3/4 C almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C applesauce
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 C oats
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 C chocolate chips
- 1/3 C Nutella, melted (optional*)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or spray wth nonstick spray.
- Add the wet ingredients to the blender first: ripe bananas, egg, apple sauce, vanilla extract, and almond milk. Pulse till the egg is fully whipped and ingredients are combined.
- Add the brown sugar. Whizz till incorporated.
- Add the oats and whiz till incorporated.
- Add the whole what flour, baking soda, and baking powder and PULSE for only a couple seconds. You just want the four to barely mix in. If you need too, turn off your blender and use a spoon.
- Pour the mix into the prepared muffin tin. Top with a few chocolate chips and a tsp of melted nutella*.
- Bake for 20 mins or till toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean!
Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days!