It doesn’t get any better than a no-bake recipe. If you don’t have to actually bake anything, that pretty much leaves you with a little mixing and 20 minutes of chilling.
These no-bake bars are better than anything you can buy prepackaged at the store and you can recognize every ingredient used! They are nutty, chewy, and laced with chocolate. They are healthy enough to be enjoyed for breakfast but sweet and satisfying enough to be dessert.
If you are looking for a kid-friendly snack, look no further. This versatile recipe can be adjusted to suit any allergens or aversion to textures. See the tips at the bottom!
No- Bake Toasted Coconut Granola Bars
Yield 16 bars
These No-Bake Toasted Coconut granola Bars are nutty, chewy, and laced with chocolate. They are healthy enough to be enjoyed for breakfast but sweet and satisfying enough to be dessert.
- 1 1/2 C Oats
- 1/2 C oat flour (ground up oats)
- 1/2 C coconut, toasted
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp flax meal + 6 tbsp warm water (let sit for 5 mins)
- 1/4 coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 C maple syrup + 1/4 C honey
- 1/2 C almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut extract (if unavailable, use an extra tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/4 walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 C chocolate chips
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper. (a 9x9, 13x9 for a thinner bar) Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In a bowl, combine wet ingredients. Mix till smooth. Stir into dry ingredients.
- Add mix-in.
- Dump mix in lined baking dish. Press into an even layer.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes. When set, cut into bars!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Serving Size 16 bars
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Make sure your almond butter doesn’t have any added sweeteners or the bars might be too sweet!
Instead of the almond butter, try peanut butter. The flavor is a little stronger but so delicious with the chocolate chips. If you cant have tree nuts, try sunflower butter.
There is always room for more ad-ins; try dried fruit like raisins or craisins, peanut butter chips, and experiment with different types of nuts.
[…] For another no-bake healthy snack, try my No- Bake Toasted Coconut Granola Bars ! […]
[…] use my blender for everything from making oat flour for my No- Bake Toasted Coconut Granola Bars , to making an easy “dump and blend” pancake recipe, to these delicious banana chocolate chip […]
[…] #1 Pistachios, snow peas and carrots w/ yogurt dip, pretzel thins, and a homemade granola bar. […]