Pancakes are something we typically enjoy only on the weekend. Until NOW! This recipe for delicious, healthy, whole wheat pancakes made in the blender allow us to indulge in pancakes any time we want. I know a lot of people are hesitant when it comes to whole wheat flour, but don’t be; you barely notice the swap and they are much better for you!
Most of you know I depend on our meal prep for most weekday breakfasts but this is actually simple enough for us to make in the morning before we have to run out the door. Joy doesn’t mind reheated pancakes so I will even prep these for her one week and just store them in the fridge.
Whole Wheat Pancakes
These pancakes are tender, slightly sweet, and the perfect foundation for a balanced breakfast.
Try tossing some chocolate chips in the batter or fresh blueberries for a twist on a classic. We also play around with toppings. Joy loves sliced banana and a smear of Nutella while I like a little strawberry cream cheese, fresh sliced strawberries, and a drizzle of honey.
Have fun with it!
Whole Wheat Blender Pancakes
Yield 10-12 pancakes
Tasty, tender, and fluffy whole wheat pancakes mixed in the blender for an easy morning meal and minimal clean up!
- 1 C Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 C milk (regular or non-dairy)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 C count oil, melted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sweetener (honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar)
- 1/4 tsp salt
maple syrup for serving
- Add all the ingredients to the blender. Blend for 3-4 minutes or until smooth and all the flour is incorporated.
- Let the batter sit and settle for 2 minutes*
- Preheat griddle or skillet to medium heat. Butter or spray with nonstick spray.
- Spoon 1/4 C portions onto hot griddle. Cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form. Flip.
Batter will be thinner than average pancake batter but don’t fret! They puff up on the griddle.
If you are looking for other healthy breakfast recipes, try my Creamy Sweet Potato Oatmeal or my Healthy Breakfast: Chia Seed Parfaits.
For Another easy blender recipe, try my Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Blender Muffins!