I feel like I’m a little late to the trend but I have a new favorite grab-and-go breakfast: Chia Seed Yogurt Parfaits. They are packed with healthy goodness and can be prepped the night before. The Chia seeds soak for at least 4 hours and take on an almost gelatinous texture. They lose their grittiness and pair perfect with smooth and creamy greek yogurt and fresh fruit. There are so many different ways to change this up to keep things interesting. If you are looking to make healthier choices, start here. It doesn’t feel like you are sacrificing anything!
To prepare as pictured, try layering your parfait with vanilla greek yogurt, raspberries, and my homemade coconut granola!Print
- 1/4 C Chia Seed
- 1 C Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium size jar or container. Stir or shake vigorously to eliminate clumps of chia seeds.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours; preferably overnight.
- Enjoy within 2-3 days of preparation.
- Calories: 0
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- This recipe is a delicious guilt-free option for dessert as well.
- Try with other types of milk. I love the creaminess the coconut milk contributes, but try almost milk or even regular milk. It’s all good.
- Make only as much as you can enjoy. Keep refrigerated for 3 days max.
4. To make a chocolate version, just add 2 tbsp of cocoa powder.